{MIS}
Plz log in if u want to see the rest of the forum thnx or at least register
{MIS}
Plz log in if u want to see the rest of the forum thnx or at least register
{MIS}
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{MIS}

A cod 1v1.3, 1.5, and blackops clan. Go out there and kill

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is the Bible True?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TerrBear
Admin
TerrBear

Is the Bible True? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Bible True?   Is the Bible True? Empty4/4/2011, 4:57 am

Is the bible true?
The focus of this sermon is the proof supporting the accuracy of the Bible. After all, if the Bible is not true or if it is filled with errors, Christianity would only be a “blind faith”—something people believe without any evidence to support it. If it’s not true then we can just live our lives as we see fit. But if it’s true and we are Christians then if we live in on earth then we win, if we die we win. Ask people the question is the bible true?
Ask WHY?
The historical accuracy of the Scriptures is likewise in a class by itself, far superior to the written records of Egypt, Assyria, and other early nations.
Another striking evidence of divine inspiration is found in the fact that many of the principles of modern science were recorded as facts of nature in the Bible long before scientist confirmed them experimentally. A sampling of these would include:
 Roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)
22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
 Almost infinite extent of the sidereal universe (Isaiah 55:9)
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)
I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars of the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore.
The Proof of Prophecy
One of the strongest arguments for the accuracy of the Bible is its 100% accuracy in predicting the future. These future predictions are called “prophecies.” The Old Testament was written between approximately 1450 BC and 430 BC. During that time, many predictions of the future were recorded in the Bible by God’s prophets. Of the events that were to have taken place by now, everyone happened just the way they predicted it would. No other “sacred writing” has such perfectly accurate predictions of the future.

One Type-The Messianic Prophecies
Of these prophecies, the most striking examples are the predictions about an “anointed one” (“Messiah” in Hebrew) who was to arrive in the future. About 4 BC, a miraculous event occurred—a boy named Jesus was born to a virgin named Mary. You can read His story in the book of Luke. Starting at age 30, Jesus fulfilled more and more of these prophecies written about the Messiah. His fulfillment of these prophecies was very spectacular: Jesus gave sight to the blind, made the lame walk, cured those who had leprosy, gave the deaf hearing, and raised people from the dead! These miracles and others were done many times in front of thousands of witnesses for three years. About 30 AD, Jesus was crucified (a prophecy) and died (a prophecy). Three days later he rose from the dead (another prophecy), after which He was seen by over 500 witnesses. Since these prophecies were written down at least 400 years before they happened, there is no doubt that the Bible’s writers were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
A Second Type-Fulfilled Prophecy Dealing With Nations
There are many prophecies that can be proven through archaeology, especially prophecy dealing with entire nations. Typically, when God declared judgment on a nation, He would send a prophet to announce to the citizens why He was judging them and what He was going to do to them if they continued their evil behavior. On occasion, God would also tell the citizens how He would reward them if they started doing what was right. The book of Jonah records a case where the Assyrians stopped doing what was evil as a result of Jonah’s short prophecy. (The whale). This is what God wanted, and God did not punish them as a result of their change of heart. However, most often the people would mock God’s prophet and continue their bad behavior—later becoming recipients of the exact punishment that God threatened.
Third Type- The Rebuilding of Jerusalem
Daniel 9:25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble.
Sometime before 500 B.C. the prophet Daniel proclaimed that Israel's long-awaited Messiah would begin his public ministry 483 years after the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem
Daniel 9:26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.
He further predicted that the Messiah would be "cut off," killed, and that this event would take place prior to a second destruction of Jerusalem.
The decree regarding the restoration of Jerusalem was issued in 458 B.C., 483 years later the ministry of Jesus Christ began in Galilee. Jesus' crucifixion occurred only a few years later, and about four decades later, in 70 A.D. came the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus.
Of the 2500 prophecy’s in the Bible only about 500 remain unfulfilled which leads us to the book of Revelation.
All of the remaining prophecies have to do with Christ’s return and the end of the world. There are no other major events prophesied for this world except the end.

So if the bible is real, then everything in it is real. Even hell.
The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."
The Bible describes it as weeping (Matt 8:12), wailing (Matt 13:42), gnashing of teeth (Matt 13:50), darkness (Matt 25:30), flames (Luke 16:24), burning (Isa 33:14), torments (Luke 16:23), everlasting punishment
Hell is forever!
everlasting fire — Matthew18:8, 25:41
everlasting punishment — Matthew 25:46
everlasting chains — Jude 1:6
eternal damnation — Mark 3:29
eternal judgment — Hebrews 6:2
eternal fire — Jude 1:7
unquenchable fire — Matthew 3:12
the fire that never shall be quenched — Mark 9:43, 44, 45, 46, 48
fire unquenchable — Luke 3:17
mist of darkness is reserved for ever — 2 Peter 2:17
the blackness of darkness for ever — Jude 1:13
Jesus said in Mark 8:36, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and LOSE HIS OWN SOUL?"
Jesus Christ says in Mark 9:43-47,
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

NOTHING'S WORTH TAKING THE CHANCE!

It's simple to be saved ...

• Realize you are a sinner.
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10

"... for there is no difference. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:2
• Realize you CAN NOT save yourself.
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; ..." Isaiah 64:6

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, ..." Titus 3:5
• Realize that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for your sins.
"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, ..." 1 Peter 2:24

"... Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood," Revelation 1:5
• Simply by faith receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12

" ...Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."" Acts 16:30,31

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Back to top Go down
the Burger King
1stLt
1stLt

Is the Bible True? Empty
PostSubject: This is a little late   Is the Bible True? Empty4/26/2011, 1:29 pm

It's nice to see others that belive in eternal life. It makes me sad seeing atheists, for they will miss out on all of the Good God gives us. Thank you, I mean this very sincerely.
Back to top Go down
TerrBear
Admin
TerrBear

Is the Bible True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible True?   Is the Bible True? Empty4/26/2011, 1:33 pm

Your welcome, i am attending a Bible college, if you or anyone else would like any information i would love to help. I had way more stuff on my laptop, but its broken and at home so this summer, there will be more stuff on here.
Back to top Go down
the Burger King
1stLt
1stLt

Is the Bible True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: (what you said)   Is the Bible True? Empty4/27/2011, 7:17 am

Oh for real? I saw a Jordan terrian guy on FB and says he's attending bible college! And thx for the offer. I'll go to you I I have any problems.
Back to top Go down
TerrBear
Admin
TerrBear

Is the Bible True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible True?   Is the Bible True? Empty4/27/2011, 9:46 am

Yup that's me lol, feel free to add me, if you want to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is the Bible True? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible True?   Is the Bible True? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Bible True?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
{MIS}  :: The Bible Place!-
Jump to: